Metallic epoxy floors are one of the most exotic options. As much as they’re beautiful, creating a perfect effect is complex.
Unlike other floors, no two metallic epoxy coated floors are alike. This makes it perfect for nightclubs, showrooms, retail stores and even garage floors.
Light maintenance, compatible durability, and resistance to oil, water and tons of other chemicals make metallic epoxy a great choice. Several people think they can do the job on their own, but the imperfect, spread over effects are difficult to achieve.
It requires using the right tool and method. Here a few tricks which contractors often use to get it right:
- Different contractors apply the coating in different ways. One of the best methods is pouring lines using bucket or a watering pot. This gives more control over the flow and helps reduce the risk of material going to waste. When the coating is on the floor, it is spread with a squeegee trowel to achieve the best look.
- Professionals recommend using at least two different colors. More shades mean a better chance to create the desired effect. But these colors must be poured in opposite directions. Pouring any one color over another can ruin the entire look.
- Extreme and more exotic looks are created by rolling out or squeeging one color first. Later, another color is added in a dip and shake manner, using a stir stick, brush or another tool. When both colors are down on the floor, the colors are rolled around with the squeegee trowel or a roller.
- Some technicians experiment with a one-stroke backroll for an acid stain look. It is easy overroll, ruining the look. It blends the colors a bit too much, making it appear to be a single color instead of a mixture.
- Various types of solvents, such as MEK, xylene, and isopropyl alcohol can be used to create several different effects. Installers know how to play with the right colors and solvents.
- Specialized tools aren’t needed for manipulating a metallic look. Leaf blowers, blow torch or even our fingers can do the job.
In short, there is no wrong or right method to achieve, let’s say, a crater or a ripple effect. You have to prepare a perfect blend of colors and put in just the right amount of brush strokes.
Overdoing or under-working can kill the desired effect. CSS Coatings have all the expertise and skills you need to replicate your favorite look. Call them today to install the metallic epoxy flooring in VA and other cities.